Writing brings me so much joy and has provided me with an outlet for my thoughts, feelings and rants ha! The most unexpected and overwhelming thing to happen is the amount of support and togetherness from my fellow bloggers. You are a truly amazing assortment of lovely people who I am unbelievably lucky to have connected with through the medium of words. The latest of these is Manny, The Greenwich Mummy who has nominated me for The Versatile Blogger Award…thank you my love! To be recognised by your fellow pen pals is something I will value as long as I have thought in my head, the movement in my fingers to type and the sight to read your versatile blogs. Thank you all x
What is The Versatile Blogger Award?
It’s an award that is given to a blogger to show that their blog has been recognised for all its hard work, great content, and versatility in design, content, and/or style.
If you’ve been nominated, there are a few tiny rules that you need to follow:
- To thank the person who nominated (provide a link to their blog if you wish)
- Nominate 10 other bloggers and let them know that you done so e.g. via twitter or leaving a comment
- Give us 7 interesting facts about yourself
My Nominees Are…
Manny| The Greenwich Mummy
On The Heath
A Glamomorous Life
Draw + Do Yoga
If you’ve already been nominated recently then I understand by all means if you don’t want to take part.
7 Interesting Facts About Me
- I used to be a hairdresser.
- My first client was a dwarf called Gilda Cohen, an actress who starred in the 1980 classic, ‘The Elephant Man’
- I quit hairdressing for a call center job in a London hotel. I spoke to Muhammad Ali, Smokey Robinson, Patrick Stewart and Zsa Zsa Gabor who would always call me “Darrrrling”!
- I failed my final exams at school after my mum was diagnosed with terminal cancer. I vowed to re-sit them and did when I was 30. I passed with ‘A’ grades in maths and English.
- I am an author of two books of poems. Psyche a Soul Awakened and Thong n Cheek.
- I have supported Arsenal football club since I was 7 years old.
- I am a Greek Cypriot woman who left home at the age of 18. This was unheard of at the time so you can imagine the drama.
Well, that’s enough about me…I can’t wait to hear your interesting facts too!